Are you going to Thailand soon and are looking for some cheap flight tickets? Excellent! Here is how you can get there from different destinations.
Is Thailand an easy destination to get to?
Yes! Yes, it is. Bangkok is an international hub with two airports. One of them operates flights from and to most of the countries and all of the continents.
Overall, it’s very easy to travel to and around Thailand.
Travelling to Thailand by plane
You will most likely travel to Thailand by plane. After the pandemic and after the war in Ukarine started, the cost of flights went up. It’s hard to find a cheap ticket to Thailand right now. You can try to find them in the following ways:
- Use price comparison sites such as Skyscanner. When using it, you can compare not only single dates but also whole months.
- Set up price alerts on Skyscanner and Google Flights.
- Use incognito mode on your computer.
- Be flexible with the dates. It’s usually cheaper if you fly during the week and not on the weekend.
Airlines that are not on Skyscanner or other price comparison sites are: AirAsia, Nok Air, Lion Air, VietJet and any other Asian airlines that offer lower prices.
Travelling to Thailand by bus
If you’re travelling around Asia, you can get to Thailand by bus. Here are the most popular connections:
- Most popular destinations in Cambodia to Bangkok
- Aranyaprathet-Poipet in Cambodia to Thailand
- Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok
- Vientiene to Chiang Mai
- Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai
- Van Vieng to Chiang Mai
- Mae Sai to Chiang Mai
- Hat Yai to Padang Besar
Travelling to Thailand by train
At the moment there are no options to travel to Thailand by train as it would be impossible to get a visa.
I hope that this answers your question about getting to Thailand. Don’t forget to check out other posts on my blog about travelling in the Land of Smiles.